Jujitsu, Ju Jitsu, Jiujitsu, Jiu Jitsu, Jiujutsu, Jujutsu, Jujitso, Ju-jitsu, Jiujuiutsu, Jiu-jitsu?Heralding back to the time of the Samurai, JuJitsu is one of Japan’s most ancient martial arts. Literally translated, JuJitsu means the “adaptable” or “flexible” art of self defence. Techniques are focused on the flow of energy and are designed to neutralize an attacker by redirecting their energy back against them. It is one of the few martial arts where the ability to defend one’s self is not dependent on physical size and strength, but upon technique.
With that further insight into the origin of our Martial Art, it’s time to get begin your training.
Come along and be welcomed by our Instructor and his students.
Happy Breakfalls Everyone!!
Sakura Ryu Family
Family values are instilled in all Sakura Ryu students. Involvement with peers through support and mentoring is also highly encouraged.
Sakura Ryu caters for members of all ages and levels of experience:
- Juniors: 7-14 years old
- Intermediates: 12-16 years old
- Seniors: 16 years and over
- How to control conflict situations
- How to defend from any type of attack
- How to effectively kick and punch
- How to perform a variety of throws How to utilise immobilizations, arm locks and leg locks